Monday 16 May 2016

Fishing


Fishing




I really enjoy fishing it's a fantastic hobby with many benefits. I'd fish every year mainly in the summer. I've only fished in Ireland but hope one day to fish abroad and catch big fish. I've fished in Kerry mainly but also in Dublin , Donegal and Cork. I was in Kerry during my birthday so my dad took me boat fishing it was fantastic I got to catch many fish. It was a four hour boat trip where I mainly caught mackerel and Pollock. but I also caught a cod and a conger eel. It was a great way too celebrate my 16th birthday.





Fishing on the river Shannon


two summers ago I got invited bye a friend too come spend ten days on his boat. This was during the rally. For people who don't know the rally is an event where boaters of all types come together to participate in a ten long day event for families and friends. Its really fun and theirs a lot of fishing. I've caught a couple off pike on the river Shannon. Pike are prehistoric looking fish. They are distant relatives to the shark family which is evident when you look at there sharp teeth. You have to be very carful when handling pike because a bite from them could cause a lot of damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment